Tor Conflict with PGP Desktop?

George W. Maschke maschke at zonnet.nl
Wed Nov 2 04:49:11 UTC 2005

I've been running Tor 1.0.5 in server mode for several weeks under
Windows XP. But after I installed PGP Desktop 9.0.2, my Tor server seems
to be no longer functioning as a router, though I can still use Tor with
Privoxy for web browsing. But also, since installing PGP Desktop, Tor
seems to quit on its own after about half an hour or so.

Is there a known conflict between Tor and PGP Desktop? I believe that
PGP Desktop also uses localhost for some purpose. Is there a known
fix/workaround?