use of routing information in anti-fraud mechanisms

phobos at rootme.org phobos at rootme.org
Tue Nov 29 19:27:21 UTC 2005

On Tue, Nov 29, 2005 at 12:01:48PM -0500, or at inbox.org wrote 1.0K bytes in 24 lines about:
: If you're going to go visit (for example) Nigeria and you plan on
: using your credit card, you should probably let your credit card
: company know first.  This is true whether you're planning on making
: purchases online or offline.

	This is the same concept of using caller id info to authenticate
	users when you call in for banking, shopping, etc orders.

	As for traveling to Nigeria, I'd expect my credit card co. to
	put 2 and 2 together to realize the $4500 I just spent on plane
	tickets to fly to Nigeria, might actually imply that I am in
	Nigeria.  As well as the correlation to Hotel, taxis, etc.

	Anyway, we digress.
--
Andrew