Tor limitation

Bob monfster at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 07:57:20 UTC 2005

I don't think refusing to do business with them would be a better thing than
to "comply with local government laws".  It certainly wouldn't put the
people of China in a better position than they are now, even with the
compromises, I think it would put them in a position similar to Cuban
citizens - stuck with nothing but old technology, with even less access to
any part of the internet (the Cuban anology is very loose, I was thinking of
all the old 1950-something Chevys that they drive), because, as you say, any
access is better than none, and the change has to come from within.  But I
think the help that these companies offer is primarily (maybe even solely)
for the purpose of making a profit.