Torpark if firefox already on computer

Ben Clifford rhodopsin at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 3 20:10:16 UTC 2005

Dear all,

I am using Torpark on a system that already has Firefox installed. However,
when Torpark runs it says to make sure that the used computer does not have
Firefox already installed! So, little bit concerned. What are the
implications for using Torpark with Firefox already on the computer? I have
checked my IP when using Torpark in this way - my IP is being safely hidden.

I cannot get around this issue of firefox already being present on the
system. I am using Torpark on a university system - Torpark is on my H drive
(the disk space I have been allocated - not sure where this is exactly.
Maybe someone more familiar with university IT services will know. My files
on the H drive are always available no matter what computer on the
university system I log on to). Firefox is on the particular computer C
drive that I am using I would guess.

So, to reiterate Q - if firefox is on the computer. How "unsafe" is it to
run Torpark on this computer. Is Torpark IP hiding/protection comprimised?

Thanks so much.

rhodo