Tor limitation

Matt Thorne mlthorne at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 13:48:04 UTC 2005

most of the censoring, in china at least, is done automatically with
no human intervention. In my statement I ment that having an exit node
behind the firewall would give us the same restrictions that they are
having to deal with right now. for most people that really wouldn't
impact their lives that much, except that there would be some pages
that you counldn't view, and some messages that you couldn't send.
           BUT.
there is always a but,
We, for the most part, are from countires that don't have restrictions
on speach, so we would set off all of the flags that the censoring
software was looking for, and the ISP would be ordered to cut the
connection pretty quickly. Personally I don't think that an exit or
entry server would last more than 5 minutes on china's web.