Offtopic - when to use BitTorrent (was Torpark Mirroring)

Anthony DiPierro or at inbox.org
Mon Nov 14 16:10:57 UTC 2005

You can offer something through bittorrent and the web, though.  And
finding people to seed is as easy as finding people to offer mirrors,
in fact, I'd say that bittorrent is easier to run than alternative
mirroring systems.

I believe new versions of bittorrent even allow you to use http
seeding, so you don't have to set up any seeds at all.  Just throttle
the http server down to a level where your resource usage is
acceptable.  I'm not sure how widespread this feature is though, and I
might be misunderstanding it.

I dunno, in my opinion once you've gotten to the point where it's
worth the trouble to set up mirrors, you might as well set up
bittorrent as well.