exit node only server

Nato Welch nate at asaim.com
Fri Mar 4 21:38:08 UTC 2005

When establishing trust relationships, one always has to give away a
little bit to get started. In order for a potential ally to establish a
reputation of good stewardship with me, I have to give him a small
amount of expendable resources, in order to determine whether that
generosity will be returned. As the reputation inherent in such a
relationship grows, the amount of resources can also grow.

This is the technique Bittorrent uses. greedy bt users don't get shut
out - they just get very slow service. The fewer resources you need, the
closer you get to not needing to provide any resources at all in order
to get what you want. It's a function of the reosurce pool and the
number of participants. If all you need is a little bit, then you should
be able to get it without too much trouble, and without disrupting the
bigger operations of the network.

--
Nato Welch
nate at asaim.com