Limit number of TCP connections? (2)

Ron Davis deflekt at ssl-mail.com
Sun Mar 27 17:29:08 UTC 2005

Hello,

Sorry for the double posts.

I just tried to start Privoxy (Tor was running as server for some time)
and it wouldn't start. I got the following error message:

"Fatal Error: Can't bind to 127.0.0.1:8118 because WSAENOBUFS. No buffer
space available."

According to:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/winsock/winsock/windows_sockets_error_codes_2.asp?FRAME=true

...WSAENOBUFS means: "No buffer space available. An operation on a
socket could not be performed because the system lacked sufficient
buffer space or because a queue was full."

I already changed this registry setting:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\VxD\MSTCP
changed: MaxConnections=100 to 256

This doesn't help.

Win 98SE
ADSL