silky and tor

Echo Nolan hellish at comcast.net
Sat Mar 26 18:07:46 UTC 2005

On approxiamately Sat, Mar 26, 2005 at 12:09:58PM +0100 , Kai Raven wrote:
> [11:56] Connecting to server 'localhost'...
> [11:56] Connection to server is expired
>
> A test with x-chat showed me, that a connection from x-chat to socat &
> socat to tor was established, but with silky nothing works for me.

My uninformed guess is that silc servers send ssl/tls certificates and the cert being for the real server hostname while the client is connecting to localhost is causing it to think that it's invalid. I don't use SILC though, so I don't know. Can you try with another client and see if it complains about certificates?
Regards,
Echo Nolan