"cracks" via tor

jeff moe at blagblagblag.org
Tue Mar 1 22:03:51 UTC 2005

I just got a complaint from someone who said one of my servers
(running a tor daemon) had a "hacker" on it trying to break
into his website. He sent me some log entries, which had some
pretty tame "foo.pl?user=bill" type of hits.

While this doesn't look like the crack of the century, it does
pose an interesting question in that if someone is trying to do
web exploits via tor, how can such a thing be prevented? I
can't think of any way.

Could this have some dodgy legal implications for people running
tor servers? I'm sure EFF has something to say about this. ;)

Thanks,

-Jeff

P.S. Fedora Core 3 tor RPMs @
ftp://ftp.blagblagblag.org/pub/BLAG/linux/30000/en/os/i386/BLAG/RPMS/