spawn_enough_dnsworkers

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Wed Jun 29 19:27:33 UTC 2005

On Thu, Jun 23, 2005 at 10:31:49AM +0200, tildeOne tor router wrote:
> Ok, I didn't describe this very well. Indeed when looking at the logs
> I'd think there is no problem. But the following points make me think
> there is:
>
> - - no DSL activity (normally heavy action while running tor)
> - - http://serifos.eecs.harvard.edu:8000/cgi-bin/exit.pl?sortbw=1&addr=1
> showing the "unresponsive node" flag
> - - when restarting tor -> no such process, none killed
> - - everytime this happened the last entry in the log was spawn_enough...

Ok, I think the spawn_enough_dnsworkers log entry is just a coincidence.

The real problem is that your Tor process is crashing unexpectedly and
without any log entries to indicate what's going on.

Perhaps you are running a buggy version of libevent? You need at least
libevent 1.1 on Linux, and 1.1a on *BSD.

(Are these problems still happening for you, or did they go away?)

--Roger