Problems with TOR & FreeBSD -resolved

Warren Barrow warren at barrow.cc
Tue Jun 28 23:06:56 UTC 2005

Roger,

Thanks for the information.

I am using the new libevent with TOR 0.1.0.10 and have remained
operational for several days now.  I changed my server config to act
only as a middleman due to my lack of resources (700mhz, 128mb ram on a
FreeBSD laptop).  My server is pushing between 100-400 KB/sec with the
TOR process sitting at almost idle.  I'm extremely pleased with the
performance.

FYI- two days ago I introduced a friend to TOR.  He immediately logged
into his server, set up TOR (crackhoe), and is now pushing a nice amount
of traffic.  It's good to see additional high speed servers come online.

Lastly, I received my TOR tshirt a couple of weeks ago.  Anyone that
hasn't received a tshirt should definitely get one if they are still
available.

-W