chaining JAP and Tor

Ben Clifford rhodopsin at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 21 17:05:01 UTC 2005

I am aware of the security issues with JAP. As i understand it these issues
are now behind it and it no longer has a backdoor - although at one time it
did.

I am hoping to chain JAP and Tor - so that I have double protection. This
belt and braces approach - if there are flaws in one (eg. a back door) then
I still have the other one to look after me. My anonymity is not entirely in
the hands of a single entity. Even Tor, with its naval research background,
could be speculated to have back doors. Althouugh I dont believe such
speculation. And I am sure there are people on here that have checked its
source code and can confirm this.

With the set up suggested - have I got such double protection. Is the set-up
valid? Are there any JAP users on here that would like to comment?
best wishes,
Ben