Confirm new Tor server working?

brianwc at OCF.Berkeley.EDU brianwc at OCF.Berkeley.EDU
Fri Jul 15 18:26:34 UTC 2005

[snip]
> looks like (atleast) one of the packet filters is still blocking port
> 9030. I should be able to connect with a web browser and get the
> directory listing, but the connection just times out (I'd get refused
> quickly if the port was open in the firewall but there wasn't anything
> listening on your machine)
>
> -Jon

OK, I shut down Bastille temporarily and was able to reach :9030 through a
web browser (across the internet). But I've edited /etc/Bastille/config to
allow 9030 (so far as I understand it) and it still doesn't want to let
traffic through. When I start Bastille back up, I can't reach 9030
anymore. Anyone here familiar with this or do I need to move on to the
Bastille list?

Brian