tor and Daemantools-0.76

tor tor at algae-world.com
Mon Jul 4 18:03:48 UTC 2005

Hi all,
       the -d3500000 is perfectly acceptable for running as a hidden
service or client... I did say you needed to tune for your usage.
I did NOT post a server example...  unfortunately tor on openbsd current
seems to just disappear and I have found neither core or assert
messages. I am currently working on a systrace version of Daemontools,
tor and privoxy for use as a server with settings appropriate for that
scenario.

AS I use hidden services as a VPN for certain ssh/http servers this
seems to work.

Servers I have also been experimenting with are on FreeBSD5.3, OSX(Tiger
and Panther), Debian-unstable as well as miscellaneous others.

and just for you Roger
a 100 second delay on restart:)

---cut here ---
#!/bin/sh
SLEEP=100
sleep $SLEEP
exec 2>&1
exec envuidgid tor  envdir ./env softlimit -d3500000 /usr/bin/su tor -c
/usr/local/bin/tor
---cut here-

     a tor operator