spawn_enough_dnsworkers

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Mon Jul 4 05:01:50 UTC 2005

On Mon, Jul 04, 2005 at 02:42:36AM +0200, tilde0ne OR wrote:
> "After this" ranges from half an hour to an hour. What makes me think
> it's not a coincidence is that the server has died several times and in
> each of these cases the last logs said spawn_enough... which is a notice
> appearing rarely compared to other logs. I think if it was a coincidence
> logs before dying should be rather random.

Ok. I've added a sixth section to
http://wiki.noreply.org/noreply/TheOnionRouter/TorFAQ#ServerCrashing
More verbose logging will hopefully track things down a bit closer.

How long does it typically take before it dies?

You should also switch to running Tor in the foreground, so when it
dies you will see what happens.

Thanks,
--Roger