help, leaking DNS-requests with firefox and privoxy-tor

Joerg Reckers joergs.list at web.de
Tue Jul 26 10:35:04 UTC 2005

I thought i have set up the firefox -> privoxy -> tor chain as instructed, but
still, i am leaking DNS-requests.
On http://www.showmyip.com i get tor-server ips like 66.239.30.194 or
128.42.98.102 or ...

BUT with etheral  i still see communication with the dns server i set
in /etc/resolv.conf:

 DNS Standard query A www.showmyip.com
 DNS Standard query response A 67.15.74.5

What could i have done wrong? I am a bit lost. My setup follows, if you need
more infos please ask

thanks in advance for any ideas, joerg

running on debian unstable:

+firefox version 1.0.4

proxy settings:
HTTP Proxy: 127.0.0.1 Port: 8118
SSL Proxy: 127.0.0.1 Port: 8118
No Proxy for: localhost, 127.0.0.1

+privoxy

privoxy version 3.0.3
/etc/privoxy/config i added the line
forward-socks4a / 127.0.0.1:9050 .

/var/log/privoxy :
Listening on port 8118 for local connections only
Request: www.showmyip.com/

+tor

/var/tor/log
 [notice] Tor 0.1.0.11 opening new log file.
 [notice] Tor has successfully opened a circuit. Looks like it's working.