ports

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Sat Jan 15 23:55:37 UTC 2005

http://tor.eff.org/doc/design-paper/tor-design.html#subsec:exitpolicies

> How does one go about blocking these ports?

In your torrc, you can set your ExitPolicy
lines. See the man page ('man tor', or our html version at
http://tor.eff.org/cvs/tor/doc/tor-manpage-0.0.9.2.html ) for more
details.

> I have this as an exit policy, ( Not sure exactly what this means? Other
> than I am in the middle of a run.)
>
> ExitPolicy reject *:*

You are refusing all exit connections from your node. This is a fine
approach, but of course, if you're ok with letting some connections
exit, that would be more useful for the network. :)

> Roger I sent a PGP email to arma with the key to my server.  I hope you can
> open it.  I was not sure how to do a PGP to or-ops.

tor-ops has no gpg key; it's just an alias. I've answered the rest of
this in private mail.

Thanks,
--Roger