Hardware requirements for a tor server

Schneelocke schneelocke at gmail.com
Sat Jan 15 18:31:09 UTC 2005

> You must of course know in advance that the volume of traffic is
> huge! My server's in + out traffic is ~30 GB /day ! Of course if your
> server resides at a university's campus you won't have any problem with
> bandwidth usage...

That really depends. I think I recall that the network connecting
german universities (the DFN) was switched from a "pay a flat fee for
your access" to a traffic-based price model some years ago - I'm not
sure if that's still what things are like, but if yes, then
universities are probably going to be less tolerant of high-traffic
applications like that, especially if they don't benefit from them
themselves.

--
schnee