Tor running on mipsel

Niels Elgaard Larsen elgaard at agol.dk
Wed Jan 5 23:32:49 UTC 2005

Tirsdag den 4. januar 2005 03:24 skrev Roger Dingledine:
> On Mon, Jan 03, 2005 at 02:37:43AM +0100, Niels Elgaard Larsen wrote:
> > Can I suggest transproxy too?
>
> Hi Niels,
>
> Could you write up a little tutorial on tor + transproxy for us,
> and post it maybe at http://wiki.noreply.org/wiki/TheOnionRouter ?
>
> We already have http://wiki.noreply.org/wiki/TheOnionRouter/SquidProxy
> which describes setting up an exit node + squid for caching. But the
> squid howto was written before we added the RedirectExit config option
> (man tor for details).
>
> It looks like you're thinking of using iptables+transproxy at the client
> side instead, to automatically capture and redirect port 80 requests?

Not just port 80, now I want all TCP ports (except that protocols like FTP
will not work).

I have now compiled transocks instead. It is at:
http://www.agol.dk/elgaard/transocks (statically linked with dante).
I'll make a ipkg sometime. I also want to clean up the way I compiled the
libsocks (dante) library.

Then I set /etc/socks.conf to something like

route {
       from: 0.0.0.0/0   to: 0.0.0.0/0   via: 127.0.0.1 port = 9050
       proxyprotocol: socks_v4
        method: none
        protocol: tcp
}

and use the IPtables rules from:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/transocks/transocks/README?rev=1.2&view=auto
except that I skipped the "owner module".

Unfortunately I will not have access to my WRT the next month so I hope
someone else will look at it.

But it actually works.

--
Niels Elgaard Larsen