tor eating CPU time [signed]

Michael Laccetti [c] michael at s2g-limited.com
Sat Jan 29 01:56:08 UTC 2005

Well, I don't have much in terms of profiling, but I have a nice overview of
what's happening.

Side note: most of the SSL certs I use are signed by cacert.org, so shoot on
over there and grab their root cert if you haven't already.  And tell your
friends.  :)

Nirvana traffic:
https://nirvana.s2g-limited.com/~nihilist/nirvana_traffic.png
You'll see where I restarted the tor service after it had last crashed.

Nirvana CPU:
https://nirvana.s2g-limited.com/~nihilist/nirvana_cpu.png
CPU corresponded to when I fired up 0.9.3.

Nirvana load:
https://nirvana.s2g-limited.com/~nihilist/nirvana_load.png
Again, big upward spike.

Actually had to take it offline, it was impacting the rest of the stuff that
was on the server.  If 1.0.0-alpha-cvs stabilizes sometime soon, let me know,
and I'll fire it up again.  Or, if it'll take more then a week or so, when the
rest off the stuff is ported off the server, it can be a dedicated tor node
again.

Hope the info helps.