Tor running on mipsel

Ferdinand O. Tempel ftempel at linuxops.net
Tue Jan 4 07:44:56 UTC 2005

Quoting Niels Elgaard Larsen <elgaard at agol.dk>:

> Ferdinand O. Tempel wrote:
>
> >On Mon, 2005-01-03 at 02:37, Niels Elgaard Larsen wrote:
> >

> >>Thank you to Ferdinand for crosscompiling tor, and privoxy.
> >>

> >Too bad I haven't succeeded in getting privoxy to compile (well, link
> >actually) for mipsel. But apparently someone else managed to; someone
> >found a package here:
>
>http://krypto.org/openwrt/ipkg/privoxy_3.0.3-2-openwrt20040509-gps01_mipsel.ipk
> >

> I found it at:
> http://www.linuxops.net/ipkg/

Yeah, that's mine. Don't use it, it's broken. If you try to run the binary it'll
error out. I'm going to retry soon as I now know it can be done :-)

> > I just found transocks http://sourceforge.net/projects/transocks/
>
> That would be even better. I could install transocks and tor on the
> linksys and have iptables redirect tcp-connections to transocks, which
> delivers them to tor.

That would indeed remove the need for something like privoxy which apparently is
rather slow and memory hungry to run on a linksys router. I'll keep you posted.

Regards,

Ferdinand O. Tempel