0.0.9.3 and hidden services

Janos.Farkas-lists+priv-#jbaSOFUBavB*-or-talk at lists.xeon.eu.org Janos.Farkas-lists+priv-#jbaSOFUBavB*-or-talk at lists.xeon.eu.org
Thu Jan 27 08:35:16 UTC 2005

Hi!

Is 0.0.9.3 really making "hidden services less unbearable" for anyone
else? :)

I seem to started having problems since about slashdot picked up tor.  I
presume it's harder for the hidden rendezvous to pick the same routers
on both side when there are more hosts.  Until a few days ago, it got so
bad, that after a restart of a host (or update of tor version), I needed
to wait about half an hour before the restarted hidden host were visible
again (most of the time, without IP changes at all!).  Now, with
0.0.9.3, it got so bad, I have to try for hours to see a successful
connect to a hidden service, even if it's presumably such a stable host
as b19s.org hidden node.

Am I delusional or someone is out to get me? :)

--
Janos | romfs is at http://romfs.sourceforge.net/ | Don't talk about silence.