Tor service monitoring util available?

Andre Eisenbach andre at eisenbach.com
Fri Feb 4 19:57:21 UTC 2005

On Fri, 4 Feb 2005, admin wrote:

> Does such a thing exist?

Most of the things you've described can be done with existing tools like
MRTG, or RRDTOOL. Especially the Tor unrelated things (CPU usage etc) can
be done with existing monitoring tools. Tor can be easily integrated into
MRTG etc. to add the Tor specific information.

Having said that, I did write a small windows application which uses the
Tor control protocol to monitor the bandwith on the Tor server, and it
could be easily expanded to provide more information. I just need to
find the time :D.

I've also toyed with the idea of providing a PHP interface which can be
used to make a server monitoring web site.

I'll post stuff as I get around to it...

Cheers,
    Andre