a NAT problem

Aaron Cannon cannona at fireantproductions.com
Thu Feb 3 04:24:38 UTC 2005

Thanks to everyone who has responded to my other thread.  Your responses
have given me a lot to think about.

I have another question however.  In the documentation, it says that you
can not run as a server if you are behind a NAT.  But, when looking at the
config file, this does not seem to be correct.  It seems as though you can
run a server behind a NAT as long as you have a static IP and all the ports
forwarded to all the right places.  As long as my "address" line is set to
my static IP, other clients will know where to contact my server.  Is this
correct?  If so, then perhaps the documentation should be updated to
reflect this.

If, however, I am incorrect, are there any work arounds?

Thanks again.

Sincerely
Aaron Cannon

E-mail: cannona at fireantproductions.com