hostile node anonymity attack scenario

Paul Forgey paulf at aphrodite.com
Tue Feb 1 05:03:51 UTC 2005

But that requires I trust the first node. Since the crypto starts
between the attacker and my node, the attacker can decrypt my data,
assuming that it can fool me into thinking it did extend operations.

But if it is truly impossible (speaking in a cryptographic and code
integrity sense) for a node to do a phony extend request, then I accept
your answer.

So now my question is now this. How can nodes, at any hop, not fool me
into thinking they did extend operations when they really did not? Does
does my node have public key knowledge of ALL possible nodes it can
route through?