TorDNS fixed

Wilson cwilson352 at cogeco.ca
Mon Dec 12 00:41:39 UTC 2005

Void Beast wrote:

> Wilson wrote:
>
>> Void Beast wrote:
>>
>>> Tried running your program... Appears to be busted?
>>> It just beeps at me angrily, and closes within half a second of
>>> opening it.
>>>
>>> Beast

>>> Tried running your program... Appears to be busted?
>>>
>>> It just beeps at me angrily, and closes within half a second of
>>> opening it.
>>>

>> That is because you did not set it up properly..... you need to
>> change your DNS network
>> settings to localhost....primary  DNS changed to localhost (usually
>> 127.0.0.1) and seconday
>> DNS you leave blank, so windows does not attempt to connect to any
>> other DNS server
>> but TorDNS.
>>
>> Program works great for me :)
>>

> Nai... I did that... it still does not wish to run for me =(

Well, I added a win2k version of TorDNS to the website. The problem
might be also
that you have a version of TorDNS already running in memory (somwhow), press
CTRL-ALT-DELETE and stop any process that has TorDNS in it..... Then try
again...
If not, the problem might be that you can not use 127.0.0.1 as a DNS
server. If so,
use the win2k version.
Please let me know how it works.