Multi-root DNS is real.

Geoffrey Goodell goodell at eecs.harvard.edu
Wed Dec 7 14:45:22 UTC 2005

On Wed, Dec 07, 2005 at 10:22:40AM +0100, Matthias Fischmann wrote:
> my favorite (and a little sci-fi) solution would be to use a global
> DHT in which everybody can set up namespaces rooted in some fresh
> public key, like in the host identity protocol:
>
>   http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/hip-charter.html
>
> i am looking forward to the real (and no doubt very different) fix.

I like to think that Blossom is the best candidate for a real fix.  I
have been studying this problem for years now, after all.  In the
various papers, I argue why HIP will not do what we want and why
assuming that the Internet has a core suitable for hosting  a DHT is a
mistake.

http://afs.eecs.harvard.edu/~goodell/blossom/

Geoff