recent tor stream timeout errors...

Void Beast daemonik.dragon at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 12:28:55 UTC 2005

Eugen Leitl wrote:

>On Thu, Dec 22, 2005 at 07:08:54AM -0500, Void Beast wrote:
>

>>>Um, are you really running P2P clients on the current Tor network?
>>>

>>So THATs where all the bandwidth has gone. Well there's one mystery
>>solved...
>>

>We know that people have been running P2P on Tor (I have complaints
>from copyright holders forwarded from my hoster). I was surprised
>to actually see one of the guilty parties on this list.
>
>Just in case this wasn't clear: the current Tor network is
>loaded as it is. P2P operators: please do not use it, and tell other
>P2P operators not to.

Heh, I was trying to be facetious... :)
But yeah, it is painfully slow without having torrent swarms milling
about in the tor network as well...
Of course, I honestly don't know how you could use tor for bittorrent...
the xfer speed must be abysmal! Eww.

If you must proxy your P2P connections, try the aliveproxy list
http://www.aliveproxy.com/