[rishab at dxm.org: Re: [silk] inside the Great FireWall...]

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Sat Dec 17 16:05:43 UTC 2005

I'm seeing plenty of Torpark chinese downloads. Do we know that these do
actually work?

----- Forwarded message from Rishab Aiyer Ghosh <rishab at dxm.org> -----

From: Rishab Aiyer Ghosh <rishab at dxm.org>
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 15:59:52 +0000
To: silklist at lists.hserus.net
Subject: Re: [silk] inside the Great FireWall...

using torpark [1] i was able to google for "shanwei" which the IHT says i should not be able to do [2] and download pictures [3].

-rishab
1.  well... after a few mins, the tor connection died. now can't connect to any site with tor. so i can't find the torpark url. but ssh still works.
2. IHT.com, asia section,  "China's tight lid on village shootings", pg 7. from nytimes. sorry, can't connect now to find url, have paper in front of me. "until tuesday, web users who [searched  on google for] Shanwei, the city with jurisdiction over the village where the demonstration was put down, would find a handful of pages.... after a few screens of information unrelated to the incident, the browsers of users who persisted froze..."
3. http://english.epochtimes.com/news/5-12-10/35613.html

----- End forwarded message -----