A couple of dumb questions

Roadburner roadburner at comcast.net
Sun Aug 14 21:21:47 UTC 2005

Hello all,

  First, my warmest regards to those that helped me get a server up
  and running.

  Sorry to ask some probably very dumb questions. Please forgive me
  for my naivety. I am by no means a computer expert. For me, a PC is
  just a tool to accomplish something like writing a document,
  programming a process controller (PLC), E-mail, etc.

  Just wondering what the meaning and terms are for my server as shown
  at: http://moria.seul.org:9031/

  uptime 222195
  I suppose that means how long the server has been up. I don't
  understand the units of measurement.

  bandwidth 2097152 5242880 119386
  Could someone please explain what the 3 numbers mean? I know what
  bandwidth is but don't understand the measurement.

  opt write-history 2005-08-14 20:26:52 (900 s) 29722622, etc, etc.
  opt read-history  2005-08-14 20:26:52 (900 s) 22469916, etc, etc.
  Here, I haven't the foggiest clue as to what that means.

  Again, I apologize if the questions I have were answered somewhere
  else. I did a search of the FAQ (TheOnionRouter/TorFAQ - Noreply
  Wiki)for each of the terms but found no explanations.

--
Best regards,
John G. Sobeski                     mailto:roadburner at comcast.net