Gentoo's response on them blocking access to their forums via Tor

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Thu Aug 11 07:33:49 UTC 2005

On Wed, Aug 10, 2005 at 11:25:15PM -0400, Roadburner wrote:
> R> Or, only list the country of the server and not the IP address. Seems
> R> to me, I would only be interested in the country the server was
> R> operating from if I wanted to route through all foreign servers.

See
http://wiki.noreply.org/noreply/TheOnionRouter/TorFAQ#WhyBlockable

> Seriously this time, could the cached-directory be encrypted to a
> master key and only decrypted within Tor and not by a user?

Alas, no scheme like this is going to work. People run the Tor client
on their own computers, and trying to hide how it works is going to be
a losing proposition.

http://www.google.se/search?q=trusted+computing

Hope that helps,
--Roger