Tor client and OR knowledge

S K sk4list at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 8 21:49:47 UTC 2005

Hi Roger,

What am I supposed to see, and where am I supposed to
see it?

In the telnet window I get:

telnet localhost 9051
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.localdomain.
Escape character is '^]'.
AUTHENTICATE
250 OK
SETEVENTS CIRC
250 OK

In the tor debug window I get:
[notice] Tor v0.1.1.5-alpha. This is experimental
software. Do not rely on it for strong anonymity
[notice] Initialized libevent version 1.1a using
method epoll. Good.
[notice] connection_create_listener(): Opening Socks
listener on 127.0.0.1:9050
[notice] connection_create_listener(): Opening Control
listener on 127.0.0.1:9051
[notice] Tor has successfully opened a circuit. Looks
like it's working.