Malicious Exit Nodes?

Mike Perry mikepery at fscked.org
Sat Aug 6 00:13:34 UTC 2005

Thus spake Hideki Saito (hidekis at gmail.com):

> If it is AIM, you can type "1" when that message appears to force
> logoff people in other connection.

That may solve the problem of stolen messages after you log back in,
but what about while you are offline.

Is this "keeping a connection open" actually a property of Tor? Or is
it some bug? Or do we actually have rogue exit nodes operating here?

Should I make some effort to make a list of exits this happens for?

--
Mike Perry
Mad Computer Scientist