tor server shutdown

Peter Palfrader peter at palfrader.org
Mon Apr 11 06:57:43 UTC 2005

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005, Nick Mathewson wrote:

> Hi, weasel.  Can you help this debian user out?

> ----- Forwarded message from Giorgos Pallas <gpall at ccf.auth.gr> -----
>> Probably it cannot be installed because it needs packets from the
>> unstable debian and I am running stable...

As Giorgos correctly assumed, tor experimental is built against sid.
Stable doesn't have the proper library versions.

I may build experimental debs for woody this week, but until then
Giorgos's only options are to either build the library chain himself
(probably only libevent needs backporting), or to upgrade at least parts
of his system to sarge or sid.

Peter
    messages preferred.    | : :' :      The  universal