4/4 CVS Build - Huge Jump in Responsiveness - Just ME?

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Mon Apr 4 19:39:28 UTC 2005

On Mon, Apr 04, 2005 at 09:04:43AM -0500, Gene ENonymous wrote:
> I just updated my install of cvs (which seemed to be pretty broken since
> Friday btw... and I have noticed a HUGE jump in responsiveness. For the
> first time since I have been using tor, my tor proxied web browsing seems
> almost unproxied speed. Is it just me or did you folks find something?

I hate to ask this, but are you sure you're using Tor? :) That's the
first thing that comes to mind when people say "wow, cool, Tor is just
as fast as my normal connection."

We have been making some improvements to speed and reliability, but not
that you describe above, I think.

It's also hard to get a consistent feel for performance changes in the
code, since the network itself varies so much in how hosed it is.

--Roger