both my servers crashed

Zinco zinco at comcast.net
Sat Apr 23 21:45:26 UTC 2005

On Saturday, April 23, 2005 1:40 PM Ron Davis wrote:

>That said, it's obvious that Win98 is far from an ideal platform for a
>Tor server (or any server). After about 8-12 hours of running Tor, from
>the sluggish response of the OS you notice that it has come close to its
>limits. Time to exit Tor or reboot.

I have had a similar problem with XP but have never been able to pin it
down.  It seems that when tor is having trouble making a connection it bogs
down or stops all the other processes.  The resources seem to be fine when
it happens though when I can manage to get the task manager open.  I haven't
tried 1.03 yet.  Maybe you can help in the windows trouble shooting dept.
Not many around here run windows and I don't have sufficient knowledge.

Joel Rapin