Publishing node IPs

Chris Palmer chris at eff.org
Mon Apr 18 07:43:15 UTC 2005

Rachel Llorenna writes:

> I think that, above all, the EFF supports choice. It is an
> administrator's choice (and right) to completely block Tor users
> should they choose to do so.

If the administrator is the same entity as the user, yes most
definitely. For example, me at home with my /28 on my DSL line. Whee!

But that is not most often the case. It is most often the case that the
user is a hapless Verizon subscriber who can't get email from her
friends in Europe because Verizon thought that blocking all of Europe
for SMTP would be a great way to stop spam.

EFF most is most definitely against ISPs making important speech and
privacy choices for users, without consulting users and without their
consent or knowledge.

--
http://www.eff.org/about/staff/#chris_palmer