Publishing node IPs

alexyz at uol.com.br alexyz at uol.com.br
Mon Apr 18 00:28:14 UTC 2005

> Well, how else will Tor clients learn about how to contact Tor servers?

I understand the need to keep a list in a central server for initial connections. But why make this
list public by publishing the IPs in a webpage?

Isn´t it ambiguous that an anonymous network is identifying itself? By making the node IPs
public, there is an implicit message saying "hey everyone afraid of me, here is how to block
me".

Granted there are other ways to obtain that information. But considering that the likely attackers
of this network include governments, I wouldn´t make it easier for them.