(FWD) Tor, Socks bind, and BitTorrent

Paul Gardner parg at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Sep 30 06:44:26 UTC 2004

I have it working at the moment by proxying the tracker traffic (currently
defaulting to SOCKS V5 due to Java doing the proxying for us) and outbound
peer-to-peer traffic (via SOCKS 4a lashed up by myself). Of course, if
eveyone relies on outbound only then things don't work, so this approach
will only help if a small percentage of peers are taking it.

The idea of a hidden tracker sounds interesting, I'll investigate further.

Are there plans for a Java version of your software? SSL is "built in", as
are a lot of other security functions, so it may be fairly straight forward
to implement.

Do you think you could ever scale to carry BT traffic?

Paul