0.0.9.pre6 --list-fingerprint(key generation) for server fails

tor tor at algae-world.com
Wed Nov 17 06:48:10 UTC 2004

Hi all,
        I have a 1-6 mb down and 1-4 mb line up and would gladly
contribute at least a middleman server
but even though I have followed instructions on the wiki and the
documentation and have defined the server
parameters in torrc(DataDirectory etc,) when running tor -f torrc
--list-fingerprint I get 1 line denoting version
and then it stops, at least on Pre5 before it was fixed it listed a
client fingerprint (either without torrc or with server parameters
undefined in torrc) with current cvs or pre6,pre5,pre4 and server
parameters defined and debug going to std-err I get the 1 line(no matter
if Mac OSX 10.3(pre4) or OpenBSD -current (current, pre4 to pre6), linux
2.4.20(current, pre-6, pre4) with server parameters define in torrc...
still the same 1 line output and not populated Datadirectory
/usr/local/var/lib/tor/ no keys etc...

is it time to break out gdb or is this a known issue

     kind regards
     a wouldbe tor server