Tor running on mipsel

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Thu Dec 23 21:15:47 UTC 2004

On Thu, Dec 23, 2004 at 09:39:37PM +0100, Ferdinand O. Tempel wrote:
> I'm rather new to this tor thing, but I figured I'd let you people know
> anyway: I managed to crosscompile Tor to mipsel so it now runs on my
> linksys (WRT54GS) wireless router/AP. For those interested, I have ipkg
> packages available[1] for installation on the OpenWRT[2] firmware.

Neat.

How much available ram do these things have while running? I worry that
Tor's approach to buffers will cause it to constantly be hitting the
ceiling. I would guess this is especially problematic for Tor servers.

> It was a bit of a chore given the pretty, uhm, broken build process
> which doesn't really support crosscompiling, but I managed it anyway.
> Next up is privoxy.

If you have any suggestions to make our build process more pleasant
for cross-compiling, we're very happy to take patches.

Thanks,
--Roger