ExitPolicy: ports 1024-65535 needed?

Nato Welch nate at asaim.com
Sat Dec 18 08:23:08 UTC 2004

Alright, I've got some questions. I've been reading, and I may not have
all this down right, but I'll dive in.

 From my understanding, conencting tor clients get to pick their routes
through the network. Suppose they were to pick an exit node whose exit
policy doesn't support the port they want to connect to. Do they hear
about it? How easy would it be for them to pick another exit node? A
nice feature would be for users to be able to choose their level of
exposure (web only, BT and smtp if they feel ok handling complaints,
etc). What implications would this have on the anonymity and security of
the network if this were the case?

I would imagine that even users with completely blocked exit policies
(middleman nodes?) would be helpful contributors.

--
Nato Welch
nate at asaim.com