BitTorrent - can it be blocked?

Hideki Saito hsaito at comcast.net
Thu Dec 9 11:23:43 UTC 2004

I thinkTor's aim is clearly written in
http://tor.freehaven.net/cvs/tor/doc/tor-doc.html

The reality is that it is not very clear cut. I do agree about your
router analogy, but the reality is there's not enough legal precedences
of who should be blamed especially when anonymous system is utilized.

Is claiming that you were running Tor server sufficient? I don't know,
our laws obviously haven't kept up with reality.

Isn't that just like asking "I can cut orange with this knife, but isn't
it also aimed to stab people?"