Tor network speed

Giorgos Pallas gpall at ccf.auth.gr
Fri Dec 31 07:17:47 UTC 2004

I am on a university's network with a connection of 1 Gbit. My
experience as far as speed is concerned is quite awkward: I just
downloaded for example Adobe Acrobat Reader with an average speed of 90
KB/sec, and sometimes I have downloaded large files with over 150
KB/sec. Web experiences a bit of latency, but it is bearable...