[tor-scaling] Next meeting: This Friday May 31, 1600 UTC

Mike Perry mikeperry at torproject.org
Wed May 29 00:19:57 UTC 2019

Hi all,

The next Tor Scaling meeting is at Friday 31st in May at 1600 UTC:
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html?iso=20190531T160000&p1=1440&p2=179&p3=64&p4=37&p5=137&p6=152

Location: https://meet.jit.si/TorScalingMeeting (Unless Jitsi doesn't
work for anyone, in which case we can fall back to IRC; reply privately
if so).

If you or your research group works on Tor simulators and/or test
networks, we'd like to have you here this time, if possible. If not, if
you could reply to this list to mention which simulators and models you
have found to work well, and describe how expensive/difficult they are
to run, that would also be helpful.

Agenda (45 min):
 - Recap short-term plan vs long-term plan
 - Recap action items from last meeting + mailinglist discussion:
   - New experiment template fields on experiments page
   - ‘spare capacity’ metrics update
   - ‘Failure rainbow’ + timeout metrics consolidation
 - Review + discuss metrics and experiments listed on
   https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/roadmaps/CoreTor/PerformanceExperiments
 - Recap the simulator selection plan; discuss alternatives
 - Discuss candidate simulators, configurations, and models

Pad:
https://nc.riseup.net/s/AEnQ4CRH2kH3fLe

Experiments:
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/roadmaps/CoreTor/PerformanceExperiments