[tor-reports] February 2017 Report for the Tor Browser Team

Georg Koppen gk at torproject.org
Mon Mar 6 11:01:00 UTC 2017

Hi all!

February was one of those seldom months where no release went out. We
focused instead on fixing regressions we enountered with the release of
Tor Browser 6.5 [1][2][3] and on preparing our next releases which are
due tomorrow.

Besides those release related tasks we worked as well on our more
long-term ones: integrating our last year GSoC project into our Q&A
infrastructure[4], making our build system faster and more scalable[5],
and moving to Firefox ESR 52[6].

The full list of tickets closed by the Tor Browser team in February is
accessible using the TorBrowserTeam201702 tag in our bug tracker[7].

In March we plan to get a set of new releases out (6.5.1, 7.0a2, and
7.0a2-hardened) and then focus on the long-term items mentioned above.
We'll prioritize the ESR 52 transition work so that we are ready to ship
a first alpha based on ESR 52 in mid-April and nightly builds as soon as
possible. All the items we have on our radar for that deadline can be
found with the tbb-7.0-must tag in our bug tracker[8]

All tickets on our radar for this month can be seen with the
TorBrowserTeam201703 tag in our bug tracker[9]].

Georg

[1] https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/21330
[2] https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/21396
[3] https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/20905