[tor-reports] SponsorR February 2017 report

George Kadianakis desnacked at riseup.net
Wed Mar 1 15:09:04 UTC 2017

Hello,

here is the February 2017 report for SponsorR:

- Development continued on the service-side prop224 implementation:
  Various features have been developed already, like implementation of time
  period logic and the ntor handshake. This is a pretty big piece of work and
  we hope to have an initial branch for this within March.

- We coded the necessary changes to make our HS descriptor generation code
  conform to the latest prop224 spec:
  The code is currently under review.

- We also started initial work towards the client-side prop224 implementation,
  which is the next step after the service-side is completed.

- We also slightly revised our directory format further based on
  discussions that continued from last month:
    https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-dev/2017-February/011898.html

- We are continuously improving our integration test suite to support more
  tests. We currently run various hidden service-related tests as part of our
  integration tests (by running 'make test-network-all').