[tor-reports] George's status report: August 2016

George Kadianakis desnacked at riseup.net
Fri Sep 9 11:44:48 UTC 2016

# Activities of August 2016

- Continued development of the prop224 ESTABLISH_INTRO cell. Branch is almost
  ready for review: https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/19043

- Reviewed the prop224 HSDir code by David. I also wrote a few unittests and
  some additional functions:

- Reviewed the HS SOS ticket:

- Discussed ahf's alternative Tor implementation (aka Talla):
       https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-dev/2016-August/011308.html

- Discussed Namecoin and alternative naming systems for HSes:
       https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-dev/2016-August/011255.html

  I also made a wiki page that is meant to serve as a knowledge base for
  various naming systems after some people stepped up to fill the data in.
  Unfortunately, it's still quite stale:
       https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/OnionServiceNamingSystems