[tor-reports] George's status report: February 2016

George Kadianakis desnacked at riseup.net
Sun Mar 13 13:40:22 UTC 2016

# Activities of February 2016

- Worked with the STRIKE team designing the new entry guard picking algorithm
  and revising proposal 259. Here are some relevant discussion threads:
    https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-dev/2016-February/010355.html
    https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-dev/2016-February/010364.html
    https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-dev/2016-February/010368.html
    https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-dev/2016-February/010380.html
    https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-dev/2016-February/010382.html
    https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-dev/2016-February/010392.html
    https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-dev/2016-February/010394.html
    https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-dev/2016-February/010417.html

- The prop250 code got reviewed by teor and we worked on fixing the issues
  found and improving the codebase.

- Tested karsten's #8786 branch on my bridge and found some issues with
  it. Helped karsten fix them and now we are back to testing again.

- Handled a few bug reports that we received through the bug bounty program.

# Activities for March 2016

- Coordinate with STRIKE team to finalize the new guard algorithm design and
  hopefully also work into implementing it.

- Make progress towards getting prop250 merged into little-t-tor. Also write
  dir-spec patch for it (#17435).

- Make progress towards finalizing and implementing prop224, and coordinate
  development between the four of us.